Get out this winter with G2 Outdoor. All courses include on course transport from and to Aviemore, safety equipment and instruction. If these dates don’t suit you then additional private or bespoke group course can be booked throughout the winter.
Learn essential skills for exploring the Scottish hills in winter on foot. Our two day course should cover the following
- Walking on snow and ice
- Crampon use
- Axe skills, step cutting and ice axe arrest
- Emergency shelters
- Avalanche awareness
January 27th and 28th 2018 or bespoke dates
Introduction and intermediate
- Intro to equipment
- Avalanche awareness including transceiver search within range
- Route planning and navigation, weather, avalanche and snow conditions
- Skiing or snowboarding skills for different snow conditions
- Equipment refresher and limitations
- Avalanche refresher, transceiver search out of range
- Team digging avalanche rescue
- Steeper terrain up and down
- Bad weather navigation tips including altimeter
February 3rd and 4th 2018 (Intro touring weekend)
February 12th and 14th 2018 (Intro touring 3 days mid week)
February 24th and 25th 2018 (Intermediate touring weekend)
Or choose your own dates.
Performance Freeride clinic
On these coaching days we develop your off piste riding or skiing skills to help you get the most out of the variable terrain and conditions. These days will be based at a ski area for maximum coaching time and may consist of
- control of line and speed
- variable snow types and adjusting style to suit
- A short tour away from ski area
These courses are available to book at anytime throughout the ski season.
Pre season and on snow courses coming soon…..
All courses are £65 per person per day or £220 per day for private booking for up to 3 people.
Call 01540 651784 for details