Ski Touring and Ski Mountaineering in Scotland
Ski Touring in Scotland is probably the best way to see the hills in winter. Ski touring or ski mountaineering is a great way to cover long distances rather than on foot. From our base in Aviemore we can explore the surrounding hills in any direction.
Escape the crowds on piste with our guides and discover the back country ski touring potential of the Cairngorms. We will take you to the best untracked snow available and we will teach you the skills to stay safe in the mountains from avalanche awareness to ski mountain navigation.
A typical teaching course may include
- Touring equipment set up, pros and cons of different kit.
- Safety equipment (map, compass, transceiver, probe shovel, ice axe etc)
- safe route planing, navigation, avalanche avoidance
- Skinning technique
- transition from uphill to down.
- avalanche search, digging techniques, emergency shelters
Our ski mountaineering guides have been working in the area for over 15 years and know where all the secret powder stashes are hidden!